220 20th St S
Arlington, VA 22202
Come out and try a selection of new canned wines including some local natural wines from Maryland and SIP Certified wines from California!
Canned wines are another great alternative to the traditional 750 ml glass bottle. Cans are by far the most sustainable wine package. They are lightweight and infinitely recycleable. Cans are perfect for any outdoor occasion. No glass. They require no corkscrew. Perfect for the beach, the park, the boat, the pool, the golf course, camping, at a BBQ, and anywhere else that glass poses an issue. The quality has risen greatly over the last few years with many wineries converting from bottles to cans for a great number of their wines.
- Sauvignon Blanc 2016: This single vineyard 100% Sauvignon Blanc from the Edna Valley is from the historic Paragon Vineyard, originally planted in 1973, with the Pacific Ocean lying only five miles to the west has one of the longest growing seasons in the state. The Niven family’s estate has earned the Sustainability in Practice (SIP) Vineyard Certification. Winemaker Christian Roguenant harvests at different levels of ripeness in order to achieve his ideal finished wine. This layered approached helps to created a wines that has intense varietal character, a good minerality, nice acidity, great fruit, and wonderful complexity. Full of notes of green apple, lime, grapefruit, citrus zest, and a nice lightness on the palate, this is a wonderful seafood wine that begs for oysters.
- Rosé 2016: Tangent and the Niven family are constantly innovating and thinking outside the box. This Rosé represents a modern avant-garde approach to the category! They turned the traditional rosé recipe upside down by utilizing their unique cool climate Albariño and Viognier to build the base of crisp, clean, elegant, and vibrant fruit. From there the Pinot Noir, Grenache, and Syrah brings in the bright strawberry and watermelon ﬂavors. This great single-vineyard blend is a wonderful can to split with friends.
Old Westminster Winery Cans:
Old Westminster Winery is a fairly young venture with the deepest roots going back to 2009 and the first grapevines going into the ground on Easter weekend in 2011. In the Spring of 2013, they celebrated their first bottling and releases. Today, they cultivate and produce around 30,000 bottles of wine annually with half coming from their own Home Vineyard and the rest coming from neighboring Maryland vineyards. They have a strong philosophy that guides their winemaking and a desire to put Maryland on the map as producing great wine. They believe 1) in doing everything by hand; 2) in growing all of their grapes in Maryland; 3) in implementing sustainable farming practices and using environmentally sound materials; and 4) in having an attention to detail in everything aspect of their approach. To those ends, they have released 100% local and natural canned wine – the first in Maryland, Virginia, or Pennsylvania!
- Farmer Fizz 2017: A sparkling Chardonnay made from grapes from their Home Vineyard. Fermented with wild yeast and canned without fining or filtering.
- Seeds & Skins 2017: A skin-fermented Pinot Gris. Fermented with wild yeast and canned without fining or filtering.
- Carbonic 2017: A carbonic-style Cabernet Franc. Fermented with wild yeast and canned without fining or filtering.